the thing with tumblr is that you see all these people you want to talk to and be friends with but they’re all in a tight, little circle with each other and you just feel annoying when you talk to them
this is the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black do nOT FUCKING ARGUE WITH ME
one of my favorite things is how people talk to themselves in tumblr tags, taking this space designed for metadata classification and using it as a form of parenthetical speech. those grey little tags feel so cozy, a whispered dimension to the flat communication of the net
The Shining (1980)
living in a small town is wonderful
- are there a lot of modes of transportation? nope! you either drive or you’re out of luck basically
- are there a lot of job opportunities? no! of course not
- are there things to do? hang out at the grocery store or go to the only movie theater the town has!
- are the people nice? of course not! not at all!
- are you close to anything interesting? nope! everything interesting happens hours away and you’re stuck in the middle of nowhere
Bill Maher on the criticism he’s received for his views on religion, his film, Religulous, specifically.
"I love making movies. When I’m not working, I miss it like I’d miss chocolate or a concert. But I could survive without working and I couldn’t survive without my family. I adore to be with my husband and children. So there you are. If they want to make movies on my front lawn, then I’m available. And that, I suppose, is why my private life has always taken precedence; why I’ve done so few films in recent years." Audrey Hepburn